Our advice is simple; as an entrepreneur do not waste your time and money on:
1. Participating in the "dog and pony"
pitches. This is done on your dime!!!
2. Writing a meaningless business plan
that nobody will read.
3. Attending "entrepreneurial camps" or
earning a degree in entrepreneurship.
This alone will not help you.
4. Risking loosing your reputations by
making unsubstantiated claims.
5. Risking your life-savings and hoping
for the best.
6. Not considering the entire "opportunity
lost contributions to 401(k) and Social Security
lower FICA scores,
difficulty in getting a mortgage
the added costs of the health insurance
an impact on your family and your health
7. Hiring a broker who, for an upfront
fee (often around $25,000), will "try" to
raise funds for your venture.
The funding community will not pay
that fee !!!
8. Finding "safety" in a perpetual concept
or a product development and losing
focus on business development and
9. Working alone without creating
your own business ecosystem. You will
accomplish nothing by yourself
regardless of how smart you are and
how hard you work !!!
10. Not knowing where the line between
a vision and a hallucination is drawn.
11. Not understanding the concept of
12. Being fooled by unrealistic valuations.
to learn what to do instead click here